Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Day 9 ~ Cross Training and Uh Oh!

Well this morning I had a fantastic workout with Erin O'Brien's Postnatal Rescue DVD (link to come shortly)! I love that video! Even though it's been over a year since I gave birth, I have some back issues (sacroiliitis) that need to be addressed with a strong core and pelvic floor.  So I do this DVD.  I only am at Workout 1 (there are 3) so it's pretty basic but I love Erin O'Brien--I'm able to just listen to her voice and understand what to do with my body.  She is such a good teacher--I don't even need to see the screen!

Unfortunately about halfway through the video I realized that my right shoulder was bothering me! Doing a few tests on myself (after all I am a rehab doc!) I decided that I likely have strained one of the muscles in my rotator cuff.  Too much power rowing too fast! Even though it was only a few minutes, this body is not in the best of shape so the little things matter.

I'm totally bummed but I'm going to have to take a little break from rowing until it improves.  So tomorrow or Thurs I'm going to do a brisk walk and see how that feels.  Hopefully this is just a minor issue that will resolve quickly!

Still I had a great workout today and was proud of myself for working out!:-)


No comments:

Post a Comment