Monday, February 3, 2014

Day 1 DONE!

Well I'm all proud of myself!  I braved the cold and did the workout!  Being one to follow instructions, I looked up the "Beginner Workout Recommendations" on the Concept 2 website--link here.  Following their instructions, I started by first watching the excellent Concept 2 rowing technique video: The Rowing Stroke.  I discovered that I don't think I was rowing with the correct technique in the past!

Anyways, after watching that and practicing the technique, I did about 2mins 30 seconds of active rowing for a total time on the rower of 5 mins.  I'm just not in good enough shape to do the repeat cycles of 4 mins that the "Getting Started" page suggested.  I know from rowing in the past--short workouts feel easy while you are doing them but then the next day you are super sore!  

Here is the pic of my screen post workout: 




No comments:

Post a Comment